A SEVERE thunderstorm warning has been issued for Orange with heavy rainfall predicted over the next few hours.
The Bureau of Meteorology issued the warning at 1.11pm on Friday and said heavy rain may lead to flash flooding in the warning area.
Other locations which may be affected include Bathurst, Mudgee, Bowral and Katoomba.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.