SUMMER in Orange means different things to different people.
For some it's barbecues, for others it's backyard cricket. Maybe your family escapes to the pool, or you and your mates crank up the air conditioner and hunker down in front of the telly.
There's a different formula to a happy and fun-filled summer for everyone ... and we want you to share yours with us.
Over the next week we'd like to you to send us your quintessential summer photo from this year for our #orangesummeris... gallery and competition.
Maybe it's you and your family and friends doing something mentioned above, maybe it's something completely different.
It could be a sunset, a family pet finding shade, a couple of frosty beers sitting on a table or a big old Christmas dinner.
It doesn't matter: just find a photo which spells summer to you and send it to us.
We'll throw all of them into a gallery at centralwesterndaily.com.au.
On Friday, February 21 submissions will close, but the next day a poll will be added to the gallery, giving the general public the chance to vote for their favourite summer snap.
The following Friday - the last day of summer - the poll will close, with the owner of the photo with the most votes winning a double pass to Odeon 5 Cinemas.
So have a look through your photos from the last two and a bit months or get snapping in the next seven days.
Either way, have a think about what summer means to you.
And then let the rest of us in on the secret.
How to submit your photo
There are five ways to ensure your photo is included in the gallery before submissions close on Friday, February 21:
- Post it on the 'Central Western Daily' Facebook page with the hashtag #orangesummeris...
- Post it on Twitter with the hashtag #orangesummeris... and the handle @CWD_Orange
- Post it on Instagram using the hashtag #orangesummeris... and the handle #CWDOrangeNews
- Follow the directions on the Central Western Daily's iPhone App. There will be an assignment for the #orangesummeris... gallery and competition
- Email it to email@example.com (Please note: if you are emailing your photo, please send it as an attachment, as opposed to copying the image into the text of the email).
All photos, regardless of the way they are submitted, must include the necessary caption information.
This includes the names of people/pets in the photo, the name of the person who took the photo and any other relevant information, like place names and dates.
Any photos submitted without this information will be omitted from the gallery.