Joan and Peter Swann could have lost everything in a house fire if it wasn't for the bravery of Ken Barber.
As Mr Barber drove past the couple's home in Matthews Avenue on the weekend he saw smoke billowing from the roof.
Without hesitation Mr Barber and another man jumped in to save the day.
Mrs Swann held back tears as she thanked Mr Barber for saving her mother's wedding gown.
There's so much family history in there," she said.
Find out how Mr Barber rescued the house in tomorrow's Central Western Daily.