A SEVERE thunderstorm warning has been issued for Orange and the central west with damaging winds predicted over the next few hours.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
Other locations which may be affected include Canberra, Goulburn, Wagga Wagga, Cobar and Bourke.