A 28-YEAR-OLD Orange resident was refused bail in Orange Local Court on Tuesday after being charged with armed robbery following an incident in east Orange this week.
The man was arrested at 10.20am on Monday in relation to an armed robbery earlier that morning.
It’s alleged the man and his companion robbed a 50-year-old woman and her 19-year-old son after they’d offered them a lift from an address in North Street between midnight and 12.30am.
The robbery occurred while the four were driving in the Cox Avenue and Icely Road area.
The victims allege they were threatened with a gun while being asked to hand over cash and other property.
They also allege the gun was discharged during the incident.
Canobolas Local Area Command duty officer Scott Russell said police had not arrested the second man.
“Police are following a number of lines of inquiry but no further arrests have been made,” acting Inspector Russell said.
A forensic team spent several hours examining the area where the crime occurred and a crime scene was established.