Road construction and rehabilitation:
- Long delays to traffic in Peisley Street between the Highway and Kite Street should now come to an end. Council engaged contractors to repair faulty detectors on Peisley Street at the Summer Street traffic signals on Friday night.
- Work of repairing a section of the Northern Distributor Road near Molong Road has been completed. The final seal was added to the work after pavement strengthening work.
- Council crews have completed road rehabilitation work at the northern end of Anson Street. The rehabilitation work was sealed last week Ophir Lane and Margaret Street. The City Council’s road rehabilitation crews will move on to work on a further section of Anson Street between Melville Place and Albion Place in the coming days.
- Council’s contractors have also been carrying out road safety improvements and construction of a u-turn bay on the Mitchell Highway just east of the North Orange Bypass junction.
- Road patching crews responded last week to customer requests across the City and undertook programmed repairs in Lords Place.
Paths and drainage:
City Council crews and contractors have been undertaking the extension of a concrete footpath on Woodward Street and also Coronation Drive.