Nitro Circus managing director Mike Porra has declared safety at his show is paramount, following an incident in which two members of the crowd were injured when a stunt went horribly wrong at a Tasmanian show on the weekend.
With Orange preparing to welcome the show to Wade Park on April 13, Mr Porra told the Central Western Daily that Nitro Circus went 'above and beyond' what was required to keep the crowd safe.
"What people have to realise is that never, not once, has anyone sitting in the crowd been hit or injured - not even close," he said.
"This was a stunt where two members of the crowd took part in a jump - and unfortunately they suffered injuries including a broken wrist and ribs."
Mr Porra said the stunt had been performed 100 times and only ever resulted in two injuries.
"There is no big organisation like ours in the world that takes safety more seriously than Nitro Circus, especially because we're one of the most dangerous sports in the world."
Read about the safety precautions of the Nitro Circus in Wednesday’s Central Western Daily.