FOOD Train ready to depart for 2013

IN danger of being cancelled, committee members used Saturday’s FOOD Week launch to announce FOOD Train is here to stay.

Just nine people booked aboard the FOOD Train last year, but already numbers are up to 20 for the 2013 event.

The $850 per person weekend-long event includes a return train trip from Sydney to Orange, fine dining, accommodation and two days of activities.

FOOD Week committee member Cynthia Jarratt said, while the event is expensive, it is good value for money.

“[It includes] accommodation, food and transport, and because of that it’s an expensive event, but if you break it down it’s reasonably priced,” she said.

The slowly increasing popularity of the FOOD Train echoes the success of FOOD Week, Ms Jarratt said.

It is one of 180 events in the 2013 FOOD Week program, which is now open for bookings.

At 9am today a final release of tickets for Forage and the 100 Mile Dinner in Molong will go on sale, and Ms Jarratt said she expects they will both be sell-out events.

“The 100 Mile Dinner traditionally sells out in 24 hours,” she said.

Capacity for this year’s Forage has increased from just 350 people in 2010 to 750 people this year and will depart over seven different time slots on Saturday, April 20.

“Slowly graze your way across the country space and enjoy the food and environment as you travel along,” Ms Jarratt said.

For more information on FOOD Week visit www.orangefoodweek.com.au or pick up a brochure from many outlets across Orange.

nadine.morton@

fairfaxmedia.com.au

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop