Sarah Parish could not believe how quickly the house across the road was ablaze after she woke up to the smell of smoke and sound of sirens.
She said she ran to her front door and saw smoke billowing out of the windows and roof of the house and less then two minutes later the roof caught fire and flames rose into the air metres high.
It is a timely reminder to ensure smoke alarm batteries are changed and the alarms are working.
“My father only came over the other day to change all my batteries for my alarms,” she said.
“I just couldn’t believe how quick it all happened.”
Ms Parish was amazed at the speed at which the fire brigade contained the fire.
“It was all alight and I’d say within two minutes they had doused it enough that we couldn’t see the flames anymore.”
Ms Parish took the photo on the left standing at her front door.
She said there were people milling around the street offering help.
“It was pretty scary.”