POLICE have confirmed the coroner is investigating the death of two-year-old infant Nicolas Charnock who died suddenly in Orange last month.
The grief-stricken parents of the toddler claim they took their child who was unwell, to Orange hospital on December 15 for treatment.
The parents also claim they left hospital with Panadol medication for their child.
They allege he was sent home with his parents without being admitted.
On the morning of December 17, emergency services responded to a call for help from the parents and found the toddler unconscious at his home.
Despite desperate attempts to revive the child he was pronounced dead at Orange Hospital.
Following a call from a member of the public to the Central Western Daily about the sudden death of the child, Orange Hospital was contacted twice on December 18 to confirm if Nicolas Charnock had been presented at the accident and emergency department.
However, the CWD was told on both occasions the toddler had not been treated at or admitted to the hospital on the previous night.
The little boy’s funeral was held in Orange on Christmas Eve.
Yesterday Orange Health Service general manager Catherine Nowlan said she was unable to make comment on the case of Nicolas Charnock as the matter was before the coroner.
“Our sincere condolences are with the family at this very tragic time,” Ms Nowlan said.
Opposition Health Spokesman Andrew McDonald is calling for a full inquiry into the child’s sudden death.
Nicolas Charnock turned two on September 22 last year.